beelikej: (CarefulBLJ)
[personal profile] beelikej
I've debated with my brain all weekend whether I should post about the events at work on Friday. I understand most people would put this kind of shit behind a lock. I've decided to share it with the world. Or, you know: the two people who actually read this journal. And potential future employers. *grins* Seriously, if you base not hiring me on what you read in this blog, you better check out the sleeping-meme below; now that's the kind of personal information you need to know about your employees:)

So last Friday the bossman called me into his office. I assumed he wanted to talk about a project he had announced earlier this week, when I had been too busy to put it on the agenda. I didn't expect to be praised for working my ass of the past few weeks -because that has never happenened in the twelve and a half years I've been working here-, but I certainly also didn't expect to get scolded. As it turned out he finally figured out I check my e-mail (and twitter and blog and journal) during workhours. *gasp* Yes. I know you are shocked about this as well.
Anyway, this is apparently the worst offence in the history of EVER and he was "very disappointed" (...). He demanded an apology. If you know me you know I never say sorry. I just can't and I told him that. Because I don't see the problem since being online does not effect my jobperformance. If anything it gives me a little boost to keep going with the insanity of the unorganised mess I'm dealing with. I have to be on the internet for work purposes a lot (as in most of the time) so I multitask, really.
After a lot of going back and forth with (non)arguments I said I could only promise to not do it again if it was such a big deal, but I didn't really see the problem. He then replied he would destroy all the evidence he collected in the past week and do occasional check ups (which he said he had never done before).
Whatever floats your boat, dear: if I make a promise I stick to it. But of course you don't know this about me. After all, we haven't been working together for that long (we started out with just the two of us in a small office back in 1996) Now how about informing me about the aforementioned project, so I can fix your shit before my vacation starts and not have it clash with orders that are already planned? Oh, right. You're waiting for the last minute to do that. Good plan. See you next week.

Feel free to agree with the bossman. It's hard to explain our relationship and the workplace when ranting, but I suppose I could be wrong here. Not that I would admit that, with everything else that's going on at the moment. *crosses arms*

Let's change the subject, shall we? How about a meme!


A Sleepy Meme
1. How much sleep do you get on an average night?
Ehm, anywhere between 4 to 6 hours, so that's 5 on average?

2. Is that enough sleep for you?
Nope.

3. At what time do you normally go to sleep and wake up?
Bedtime varies between 00.30 and 3ish, wake up on weekdays is 6.30/7ish, in weekends between 9 and 12.

4. Do you usually fall asleep right away or have trouble?
No problems falling asleep whatsoever \o/ (nor waking up, if you're wondering about that;)

5. What size bed do you have?
Ehm, 160x200 cm, what's that, a Queen/King? I don't know. Big enough for me:)

6. How many pillows do you use?
One for my head. If I don't have anything* else to snuggle I will also hug another pillow. (*or anyone. Oh, who am I kidding, see 20.)

7. In what position do you sleep?
I fall asleep on my right side, these days I wake up on my left.

8. Do you need it to be quiet or dark to sleep?
Preferably yes.

9. Do you use earplugs or an eye mask?
No.

10. Have you ever used a sleeping aid long-term?
No. Not short term either.

11. Do you use headgear, a night retainer, or a biteplate?
I did for a couple of months years ago to fix a snapping jaw.

12. What do you normally wear to bed?
Men's pyjama's (Robson)

13. Do you frequently fall asleep in your clothing?
No.

14. Do you prefer a heavy or light blanket?
Heavy.

15. Do you prefer warm or cool PJs?
Warm.

16. Do you wear socks to bed?
I never used to, but this past winter my body has turned against me and demanded socks to fall asleep. I'm trying to teach it to accept bare feet again. I will win this battle, because I hate to wear socks to bed.

17. What is your bedtime routine?
I usually have already brushed my teeth hours before (because I don't eat anything after nine o' clock) so I only have to put on my pjs and I'm ready to go.

18. Do you listen to music when you’re falling asleep?
No.

19. Do you/have you slept with pets?
No. Ehw. I have woken up with a cat on my head once. The animal survived, but I had to kill a couple of people who thought this was funny.

20. Do you still sleep with your childhood blankie/teddy?
I sleep with a bear, a duck, a kangaroo and a hippopotamus, all these cuddly creatures were bought when I was an adult. They are awesome for snuggling.

21. Do you snore?
I don't think so. There are no people to claim otherwise.

22. Do you sleeptalk or sleepwalk?
Nope.

23. Do you wake up to use the bathroom often?
Nope. I won't even get out of bed if I do have to go in the mornings. Not that I wet the bed, but I have very good bladdercontrol; my lazy wins over the urge./TMI

24. What things inhabit your bed aside from a blanket and pillow?
See 20.

25. What kind of alarm clock do you use?
My CDplayer in the living room is set for 6.30 am, I have a loudspeaker in my bedroom. Just in case I'm enjoying the music too much I have an old fashioned alarm clock set for 7.05 am; one of those you have to wind up the night before. I usually am smart enough to get moving before it has a chance to start ringing:)

26. Do you ever wake up before your alarm?
Not often.

27. Do you frequently take naps?
I sometimes fall asleep on the couch if I indulge in watching tv after dinner. But I tend to sit behind my computer most of the time and usually don't have a need to nap unless I'm sick.

28. Have you ever slept ‘under the stars’?
A couple of times: in summercamp/girlscoutcamp (USA) and while traveling (Indonesia + Australia). My own country hardly ever heats up enough to do this.

29. Can you fall asleep on a bus, train, or airplane?
Yes.

30. Have you ever fallen asleep and missed your stop?
Nearly. Most busdrivers know where I have to get off, so there have been polite coughs to wake me up;)

And last, but not least,
31. Over the course of a lifetime, the average person swallows six spiders in his/her sleep. How many do you think you're up to?
I would hope I'm not even half way there yet, I'm not that old :-p

Mmm, sleep.

Date: 2009-03-02 03:58 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] saras-girl.livejournal.com
Umm... I wouldn't have apologised either. That's insane... and 'very disappointed' is what mums say when a kid misbehaves, not bosses. That's just *weird* I say whatever keeps you sane is all good. I'm not working right now but when I do, I'd go stir crazy without something other than work to do. At my last job, I did all my work before lunch and spent the afternoon writing slash and answering emails, so perhaps I'm not a good role model. But hey *shrug*

...anyway. I concur. And I'm stealing your sleep meme :)

N x

Date: 2009-03-02 07:54 pm (UTC)
ext_63196: (Amber Benson)
From: [identity profile] beelikej.livejournal.com
The whole scolding experience made me feel like he thought I was a little kid. I'm not going crazy yet, but having to consciously think of NOT checking my mail while I'm online is weird.

Enjoy the meme, I'm curious to find out your anwers;)

Date: 2009-03-02 04:37 pm (UTC)
sillie: Aidan curls drawing (DeanSleep)
From: [personal profile] sillie
I'm no boss, but I'd say as long as your work/ job-performance isn't effected, it shouldn't be a problem. But hell, what do I know, right? *snugs*

Ooooh, nice meme. I might do it. *nods*

Date: 2009-03-02 07:57 pm (UTC)
ext_63196: (Hanging Joseph)
From: [identity profile] beelikej.livejournal.com
Oh, appropriate icon! (mmmm) I tried to change my rhythm and mix long sessions on the computer with work away from the machine, but it's no fun to feel disconnected. I missed your tweets today :\

Date: 2009-03-02 08:02 pm (UTC)
sillie: Aidan curls drawing (DeanSleep)
From: [personal profile] sillie
That sucks bb. :/ *hugs*

*gives you more sleeping!Dean/Jensen*

July 2026

M T W T F S S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
202122232425 26
2728293031  

Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 8th, 2026 02:52 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios